Bsc Applied Psychology, MA Counselling Psychology
I am a registered psychologist who works with children (5+), adolescents and adults. I recently moved to private practice from a family/community mental health organisation where I also worked for a trauma-specific program and LGBTIQ+ specific service. I also bring experience from prior work in private practice, work with adolescents and work specifically with addiction. In my work I have a warm and client-centered style and place an emphasis on creating a safe therapeutic space for clients. I am trained in and use a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions combined with person-centered therapy. I also completed some training in emotion-focused therapy and use this in my work. In my work with children I combine play, creative interventions and talking therapy, and work systemically involving family members and schools. I am also able to provide appointments in German and Finnish.
I work from Level 1, 411 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy 3065 on Thursdays (after-hours appointments also available).
I provide individual counselling for a range of issues including:
- Depression and anxiety in childhood and adolescence
- School, peer, family issues in childhood and adolescence
- Work, relationship, family stress & conflict
- Sexuality/Gender Identity
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Life changes & adjustment difficulties
- Cultural conlict & adjustment
- Relationship & attachment issues
- For further inquiries please send me a message or contact me via phone.
- Standard Individidual Consultation fee 170 AUD
- Reduced Fee 140 AUD (Health care card holders & students)
- In some cases bulk-billing or a low-income fee can be negotiated. Contact me for more information.
- Clients with a valid GP referral and Mental Health Care Plan are eligible for a Medicare rebate of 84.80 per session.
Laura Kemppainen (Psychologist)
0432 867 845
For further inquiries, contact me via above information or through sending a message via the form below.
Send a Message
ABN 24 19 329 376
Copyright Laura Kemppainen (Psychologist) – All rights reserved