Bsc Applied Psych, MA Couns Psych
Appointments available via Telehealth – Contact me below for more information.
I am a registered psychologist who works with children (5+), adolescents and adults. I recently moved to private practice from a family/community mental health organisation where I also worked for a trauma-specific program and LGBTIQ+ specific service. I also bring experience from prior work in private practice, work with adolescents and work specifically with addiction. In my work I have a warm and client-centered style and place an emphasis on creating a safe therapeutic space for clients. I am trained in and use a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions combined with person-centered therapy. I also completed some training in emotion-focused therapy and use this in my work. In my work with children I combine play, creative interventions and talking therapy, and work systemically involving family members and schools. I am also able to provide appointments in German.
I work from Level 1, 411 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy 3065 on Thursdays (after-hours appointments also available).
I provide individual therapy to address a range of concerns including:
- General mental health concerns (e.g. depression/anxiety) in childhood, adolescence, adulthood.
- Family, peer, workplace/school difficulties in childhood, adolescence, adulthood.
- Concerns around substance use
- Grief and loss
- Life changes & adjustment difficulties
- Cultural conflict & adjustment
- Relationship & attachment issues
- Sexuality & gender identity
- Standard Individidual Consultation fee 170 AUD
- In some cases a reduced fee of 140 AUD or bulk-billing/low-income fee can be negotiated. Contact me for more information.
- Clients with a valid GP referral and Mental Health Care Plan are eligible for a Medicare rebate of 86.15 AUD per session.
Laura Kemppainen (Psychologist)
0432 867 845
For further inquiries, contact me via above information or through sending a message via the form below.
Send a Message
ABN 24 19 329 376
Copyright Laura Kemppainen (Psychologist) – All rights reserved